Highlighter Comparison - ABH, Benefit and Mac Highlighters


Firstly, can I just say, I’m sat here curled up in a blanket. A fricking Blanket. That is how cold I am, and its nearly bloody may.

Anyway you guys don’t need to know about my blogging conditions because today I'm here to talk about Highlighters. I’ve got a little bit of a collection now, and I thought I would go through them all and kind of compare them, but ultimately tell you whatt my favourite one is. 


Benefit Highbeam

A classic, I do love this highlighter as it's a lovely pink tone, but I find it a nightmare to blend, like. Seriously. I do think it helps to apply a tiny bit to a stippling brush/sponge and apply it that way, rather than dot it on your cheekbones and then blend. High beam builds really well into a gorgeous highlight, but I do think time needs to be taken, something that I do not have when I'm running 20 minutes late for work and still can't find a blouse that isn't toothpaste/tea/food stained. 


Anastasia Beverly Hills - Moon Child Highlight Palette.
I was super excited when I got this as a present because I haven’t ever tried anything from ABH. If I'm honest I’ve had this for a few months now (well since Christmas) and I still can't decide if I like it or not?! I love some of the shades, and I think with this brand you do have to be a little bit more open minded/bold with it. This palette is perfect if you want to make a big bold statement, the highlights themselves are a little glittery, but still somehow blend really well. I suppose with this palette it can be fun to play around with all the different shades, however I don't think a natural highlight look can be achieved that well with these. So if you love making a bold statement day to day with your makeup this would be perfect for you. This is my staple go to for nights out and most probably festivals when festival season comes a' knocking. 


Benefit Watt's Up

So, I do feel bad for having two benefit products in this post. But what can you do!? I think I got this as Benefit pushed it on their Instagram last year and they literally twisted my arm through Instagram. However I love this product, its great that it’s a cream to powder formula, and you can most definitely build this up to a full champagne glow. If you’re in a rush in the morning (oh Hey!) you can easily apply it and gently use your fingers to blend or you can spend more time with a sponge/ brush. The only niggle I have with this, is that there must be a better way to apply Watt's Up than directly blotting the product on to your face, or taking a knife to it.


Mac Cosmetics Strobe Cream - Peachlite


If you haven’t tried this product you are missing out. Okay, so a slight exaggeration I know a lot of brands that have bought out strobe creams in the last few years but this is like one of the first ones that came out. Mac Strobe Cream is classed as a moisturizer, which I didn’t know, but hey you learn something new everyday. I love this product for giving me that ‘glow from within’. Peachlite has got lots of anti-oxidants popped in as well as iridescent particles. Whilst this isn’t directly a highlight it works so well to give a lovely dewy look. I apply this before my foundation, or some times into my foundation to make my self look extra glowy. I also spot highlight this product, so for example, placing it just on my cheekbones, followed my foundation to give a tiny bit of highlight and definition in certain areas.  I believe that Mac do 4 shades, Peachlite, Redlite, Goldlite and Silverlite, I would love to try the Goldlite to match with Benefit’s Watts Up.


My overall favourite is definitely the Mac Strobe cream in Peachlite just purely for ease of use and the effect it gives. Peachlite is perfect for dewy and day to day looks. If I want something slightly more highlighted my favourite is Benefit’s Watts Up highlighter, it is easy to blend but has a handy feature of turning to powder.


Whats your favourite highlighter? Let me know in comment box or by tweeting me at @Ohhsorosie 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Charlotte Tilbury Magic Away Concealer Review

Instagram 2015 best nine

Holiday Outfits Part 1