Birchbox X Skinnydip London

Another month, another Birchbox. This month Birchbox teamed up with Skinnydip London, a rather cool fashion accessory brand. A cute sea shell themed box arrived at my door last week and if I paid an extra £4 I would have received a Skinnydip London case. I missed the memo on the case, so I didn't get one... this is probably my own fault as I've probably not ticked a notification button or something on my Birchbox account, such a fool. But anyway enough about my idiotic behaviour, lets talk products!



So Susan Featherlash Mascara (£18 full size)

Promises fuller and thicker lashes. I did find that the mascara wand was a little fiddlely, I think this is down to the fact its not my usual mascara. However it did coat my lashes well and they did appear thicker, but I dont think it caught my tiny lashes.

Would I buy this? probably not. Only because £18 is a lot for a mascara and I haven't fallen head over heels with it, and that I think £18 is a lot of money for a product which you have to change on a regular basis.

Cowshed Cow Pat Hand Cream (from £8)

This is a lovely 50ml size, perfect for handbags. This hand cream obviously moisturises but the grapefruit also tones and petitgrain refreshes the skin, product also has aloe vera in which is hydrating and soothing. Lavender is brilliant to calm senses and Cocoa and shea butter are great for moisturising.

Would I buy this? Yes most probably, it has got a high amount of plant based oils in for a good price. The packaging is lovely and I found the cream absorbed quickly into my hands.


Absolution La Creme de Teint Sample Size (£35 full size)

Birchbox say 'Gives a smooth, flawless complexion without a full on foundation routine' Say what? I actually really enjoyed using this product it gives a natural glow and for a tinted moisturiser actually lasted pretty well through out the day. This is natural sun protection and also contains green tea, aloe vera and fucocer all which help to smooth, firm and restore.

Would I buy this? If I had got all my foundations down to a tee and I knew that I would use it regularly, then yes. However I'm still having fun experimenting with foundations at the moment and whilst I have an ever growing collection another product may not be viable at the moment.

Lord & Berry Silhouette Neutral Lip Liner (full size £9)

If you've got a wobbly hand and lip lines aren't your forte this would be the thing for you. As its translucent it doesn't matter if you haven't got the neatest of lines as you wont be able to see it! It's also amazing because you don't have to buy tons of lipliners which you may or may not use.

Would I buy this? Probably, yes. Although I don't struggle with lip lines I think this is super handy to have in any makeup bag. it works with any lip product and will stop lippie bleeding, it also means you can be a little quicker with lip lines if this is translucent.


Delarom Creme Acquaconfort Sample Size (Full Size £34)

A boost of hydration? Yes please! Vitamin E, almond oil, organic aloe vera and apricot oil amongst other things helps to get dehydrated skin back on track. This product went on smoothly and sunk in well!

Would I buy this? Yes and no, I love the feeling of it and I like that it does use some organic ingredients. I think if a sales assistant explained and went through all the benefits with me I would be swayed to buy it, but I probably wouldn't personally go out/ buy it online, without consulting an assistant first.

Beauty Treat - English Laundry Notting hill Femme Eau de Parfum Sample (Full size £60)

A bright and feminine scent which has been modified from their mens scent. I absolutely love this fragrance and I'm not too sure why. Its smells fresh, but not too zesty. It has mandarin in but also warm wood and vanilla, giving it a comforting scent.

Would I buy this? I think I probably would, I could picture myself getting this as a 'well done on...' and making some sort of 'thing' up which I should reward myself for. Its a different scent from the boots aisle and its quite unique which is why I think I'm drawn to it.


Did anyone get this months birch box? If so what did you think of it?

Swayed to pick this box up? There is still time to grab one and I believe if you can tick a box you can get a phone case for £4!

Rosie xx

You can also find me in these places! :)









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Charlotte Tilbury Magic Away Concealer Review

Instagram 2015 best nine

Holiday Outfits Part 1